
"I just think in hip-hop, when a trend becomes a gimmick, it's time to move on," Jay said in an interview with Chicago radio station WGCI on Tuesday. "I saw a Wendy's commercial and they're using Auto-Tune. They're joking on it. It's like, OK, enough of that ... It was a trend, it was cool in the beginning. Some people made great music with it, now it's time to move on."
After the song dropped, DJ Webstar had some words for Jay, as he felt like Hov was calling him out... Webstar commented, " I was listening to the radio and Jay said the people don't wanna hear Auto-Tune no more. The biggest records of the year all had Auto-Tune — who are you to say people don't wanna hear it?""
In the interview with WGCI, Jay said he wasn't paying attention to the criticism.
"He's a young guy," Hov countered. "So he doesn't have a full understanding of what I'm saying. Maybe he'll understand one day, but right now, he's a young guy, he don't know no better."
"D.O.A." is just a taste of what we're getting from Jay's forthcoming Blueprint 3 LP which is due on September 11. Jay described it as timeless opus.
"New classic," he said of the album before revealing a producer in addition to Kanye West was working on the album as well. "Kanye is doing a bulk of the production. [Longtime Jay-Z collaborator Timbaland] got some incredible records on there. I'm still working on it because I got a little time and it can only get better."
Hov explained that his goal is to further push the boundaries of his culture.
"The challenge of how far hip-hop can go," he said of his inspiration. "When I walk in the room, I represent hip-hop. ... All the things I can do when representing hip-hop, that's what moves me."
-VH1/MTV News
Heres the Frosty posse Commercial that have changed the course of hip-hop...




No comments:
Post a Comment